Pumpkin Pie Filling Recipe:
- Cut the tops off of the pumpkins in a circle... sure, this is a little messy but just pretend that you are preforming a craniotomy and making a jack-o-lantern.
- Quarter the pumpkins from the top down and scoop out the seeds and tendrils. Feel free at this point to ignore the pumpkin's look of horror... they cannot feel anything and are just being a big, pouty baby at this point. Note: Keep seeds for pepitas if you like ;)
- Place the pumpkin shells meat-side up on a large cookie sheet or other sided baking dish.
- Smear the inner surfaces of the pumpkins with fresh churned butter... like a greased pig at the county fair. The more butter, the better!!!
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and spices, including a small bit of salt, over the shells.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until you can easily stab through the flesh with a fork. Yes, I realized this recipe is getting a bit murdery and may not be an appropriate family baking activity for children under 12.
- Let stand to cool.
- Gently cut away the outer skin -- This is great for compost and covering up the crime scene.
mash, or process the meat to the desired consistency for the recipe
you're preparing - very smooth for a mousse, less so for a standard pie. Yum! Enjoy!!!
Anyone have a salt shaker??? This little guy was created from CiM Arctic Milky 593.
Update: Congratulations to Ivy Boyer for winning the Giveaway drawing!
I have partnered with Clarus as a showcase artist for an upcoming design show in SoCal!
The Clarus team of amazing designers assisted in creating a custom magnetic, glassboard that is float-mounted on my studio wall! Just wait... it gets better!!!! Clarus donated (1) exact replica of my glassboard with mounting brackets, dry erase marker set, magnetic box tray & magnets as a giveaway prize for a lucky follower to win!
1 Entry per person.
To enter, just follow me on Facebook & "like" the Clarus Giveaway post... no comment necessary!
Important -- Due to shipping logistics, the winner must have a shipping address within the 48 contiguous United States. What does that mean??? The contiguous United States or officially the conterminous United States consists of the 48 adjoining U.S. states
(plus the District of Columbia) on the continent of North America. Sorry, this excludes the non-contiguous states of Alaska and Hawaii and all
other off-shore insular areas such as American Samoa, U.S. Virgin
Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam and Puerto Rico.
All entries must be submitted by the Midnight Deadline, September 29th (Pacific Standard Time).
Interested in designing your own awesome, magnetic glassboard to suit your specific design needs??? Head on over to the Clarus website and submit a request:
Nonya is a sassy little guy. He likes to hoard seed and when asked, "what do you have there?" He promptly responds with a chirpy "Nonya Beeswax!" Someone may need to learn to share... getting a little round in the mid-section.
For my glassy-geek friends... this was made with CiM Beeswax Misty.