A Mother's Love Series

Two words sum up the reason I love Beads of Courage: 
Giving Back


My son was born with a congenital heart defect. He underwent surgery when he was 4 months old. When I design beads for Beads of Courage, I often think of the incredible medical treatment he received through the challenging journey. 
 
For me, the most difficult moment was the morning of the surgery. Having to let go was almost more than I could bear. Fast forward 11 years, he is a healthy, energetic young man and my sidekick... more like partners in crime. 
 
He is my inspiration for the design series, "A Mother's Love". Special thanks to Donna Felkner Aka-cgbeads for donating her fabulous BR-132 Snowman/Animal Body roller to be auctions during the Arizona Society of Glass Beadmakers Challenge Day at Beyond the Torch Gallery & Studio.

No comments: