A little bit of what I have been up to the last few weeks...

In March, I was thrilled to be chosen as one of the artists in an upcoming Beads of Courage E-book.  I finished my portion of the tutorial project which included hours of demo work, detailed text and some great photography by Lauren Sellers (my talented daughter).  The book will contain between 15-20 fun tutorials and be available for purchase later this Summer.

Beads of Courage is an innovative, arts-in-medicine program for children coping with serious illnesses, their families, and the health care providers who care for them.  My service through Beads of Courage is deeply personal.  Joshua (my son) was born with a life-threatening heart defect know as Tetralogy of Fallot and underwent open-heart surgery at the age of 4 months.  In 2006, I lost my dear Mother to a brain cancer.  I'm proud to be a part of the great service provided to countless children and their families worldwide.  Here is a great video spotlighting the project:
 
 


2 comments:

corn fed girl said...

I watched the CBS program. What an awesome idea! I love the saying "they are little Purple Hearts." Such a great thing for kids to focus on. Way better then stickers!

Heather Sellers said...

Agreed! The video should come with a "Kleenex" warning. All the best, Heather