Experiment in Color


Ever tried the game of color "russian roulette" when designing a project? (examples: choosing random colors of quilt fabric, scrapbook paper, jewelry stringing supplies, or glass for lampworking.) I must admit wacky-willie-nellie pairings can end in a "hot mess" or a "whoopsie" moment, however sometimes the risk can be worth the result.

One thing I love is color mixing.  It isn't just about art,  the idea of color invoking a feeling is fascinating to no end.  Moods and emotions triggered by color depends on a person's conditioning to a specific color.  My personal response is usually in 1 of 3 "not so scientific" categories:  "wow",  "yuck",  or  "meh".  The latest experiment turned out perfectly lovely in my opinion.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Emily said...

They're beautiful!!

Heather Sellers said...

Thank you Emily! The light gray stringer design worked nicely with a variety of color. Hope you have a great new year. All the best, Heather

corn fed girl said...

You never create anything "meh" I love these colors!

Heather Sellers said...

Oh believe me Jen, I do! They just never see the light of day :)