Warms my Soul


The heat pours down on the wild landscape.  The sun warms my soul.  Quiet, dusty roads wind through the cactus covered mountain passes... the land seems so wild and untamed.  Surprised by the abundance of color and life in the Sonora Desert, I feel truly blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

I have started the process of unpacking my metalworking tools.  The studio plans for the home are coming along nicely.  I'm not going to lie, my heart longs to melt glass... soon, I promise.  The break  will give me time to sketch new designs and start some outdoor projects. 

After a bit of reading, I have begun planning a garden.  It gives me something to daydream about in the late evenings.  The new yard will easily hold numerous fruit trees... the list so far includes grapefruit, orange, lemon, pomegranate, lime and an avocado for good measure.  A juicer will become a must have item in the near future.  The raised garden beds will house herbs, tomatoes, chili peppers, onions, garlic, and much more.  Homemade salsa, you will be mine!

On a personal front, I have started running again.  It is easy to feel motivated by the bright warmth of Arizona.  A quaint farmers market is just up the road...  the peaches and fresh corn are beyond tasty.  The area is dotted with corn fields, citrus orchards and horse corrals.  Yes, corn fields???  Who knew!

3 comments:

Cherry Chick said...

Not a cloud in the sky :-)

Debra Beach said...

Congratulations, and all the best in your new home! I can't wait to see all of the stunning things that come out of the beautiful inspiration around you. :)

Heather Sellers said...

Thanks Debra! I spoke to a contractor about a special gasline for the studio. Hopefully everything will come together! Hope you have a lovely day, Heather