Hot Stuff! Don't fail me now!

****POP****
An ominous sound echoed through the studio... followed by silence. 

I reached for the kiln...
((swings door open))

**Cue the dramatic music**


GASP!

The kiln element was
fried...
blown...
frizzled...
done for...
fricasseed...
terminated...
finished...


"BiScUiTs!"
(This part was edited for content.  Ok, not really... I'm was actually too stunned to say anything.)

 
Well, let's look at the bright side:
1)  "Hot Stuff" gave up the ghost before I started torching, so luckily no beads were harmed in the incident.  
2)  The replacement unit is being shipped.
3)  The element lasted for over 7 years... that is pretty incredible considering it was used almost daily.


Wearing Black & Eating Chocolate,
Heather

P.S.
Until the new element arrives, I will be stalking the local mail carrier like a 140lb Great Dane in hot pursuit of a ham sandwich. 
GaMe On!   

4 comments:

coffeeaddict said...

I'm so sorry to read this. But it does seem you have everything under control, until the spare part arrives use your down time to relax and eat some more chocolate.
Happy weekend :-)

Heather Sellers said...

Yes, I deal with situations through chocolate and humor... good or bad! Hope you have a great weekend too, Heather :)

Cherry Chick said...

So much to be thankful for....no beads died along with it...there IS a replacement part to be had...you HAVE chocolate at home...you look Good in black.
Sending my condolences on to you :-(

Heather Sellers said...

Hahah! Vicki, you are so silly. Just realized that most of my clothes are black... not because I'm goth (nothing against the emo crowd), but because it matches any color placed with it.
Yes, it could have been MUCH worse if chocolate wasn't on hand. A 30minute drive into town to buy a hazelnut-chocolate bar is never good! nom nom nom