Nom Nom, Pumpkin Pie & Glass?

New Colors:
Organizing the newest colors. Many of the rods are oddies that I was able to track down after lengthy searching. The colors remind me of candy. Is it bad that I want to eat the glass? I will try my best to refrain and stick with pie...

One pumpkin down, one to go. It is surprisingly easy to make homemade pumpkin pie filling. Removed the stem and scoop out the seeds (much like one would do when carving a pumpkin). Slice the pumpkin into 2-3 inch slices and place skin down in a glass 13x9 water bath. Bake at 350'F for 1 hour, checking it every 30 min. Let the pumpkin cool on the stove when finished. Scoop the pumpkin from the skin (it should easily seperate from the skin).  Mash by hand with a potato masher or fork. The pumpkin is ready to use or freeze. We like to save the seeds for next year's garden. Enjoy!

No comments: