The New Work Area

The work area is almost complete.  The work surface is a lovely marble that I found on clearance at the local home store.  It took approx. 40 minutes to sort through the tiles and find 14 that were the same color tone and without blemishes.  The table base looks new, but it was refurbished and lengthened to accommodate a larger work area.  I was able to get a friend to cut a special stainless steel mat to protect the counter top.  My absolute favorite find was the new ventilation system.  This puppy moves 900cfm and is extremely quiet.  I don't even want to say how much it would have cost to purchase something similar through a home improvement store.  I was lucky to find the deal of a century online.  It arrived super quick and without a scratch.  Gotta love wholesale clearance!   Now to get the torch out of storage and dust it off... speaking of dusty, I can't wait to see what comes out of the kiln next week!

3 comments:

corn fed girl said...

WOW! It looks wonderful! Good job girl! You rock that work space!!

JoeyandChase said...

LOVE the new space! So cozy and inviting!! Hopefully you'll be inspired to create for all of us who have missed you so! :)

Dragonfly Lampworks said...

Thank you Rachael and Jen for your wonderful compliments. I have missed creating and look forward to getting back into the swing of things!