A Bit Rusty

Sitting, staring, telling myself to breathe, "stop holding your breathe for goodness sake... it is just glass... you have done this a million times".   Nervous waves washed over me as I realize just how long it has been since I last created a bead.  I'm guessing 4, maybe 5 months since my last torch session.  I feel like a neglectful artist to take such a lengthy leave of absence.  Rusty?  Absolutely.  But the kiln is filled with goodies and I can't wait to see what emerges in the morning.  I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

JoeyandChase said...

i just know that a talent like yours can never be extinguished ~ as they say, "it's like riding a bike" ~ now get back on and enjoy the ride! Can't wait to see what you've created!!

Dragonfly Lampworks said...

Ahh, so kind! I'm super excited too. I have had colors and ideas dancing in my mind for months. It will be fun to see how they turn out.